Here’s How Our Storage Sunshine Coast Services Work
Our Easy 4 Step Process
ADVANTAGES OF STORING YOUR BELONGINGS WITH US ON THE SUNSHINE COAST
- We make storage easy for you. Split your belongings up into logical groupings. Store the garage items in one module, your kitchen contents in another and perhaps all the items that you'll need access to in the short term in another.
- Lounges are stored covered in either plastic covers or blankets in our lounge racks to prevent indentations from other items being stacked against them.
- We have a shaded nursery space in our Sunshine Coast facility to store plants. This will save you moving them to your friends places.
- Our unique modules provide a more appropriate space at a more affordable price. It is a tested and proven size. This size was chosen because of its proven advantage in helping prevent damage, since it is easier to securely pack belongings in several smaller rooms than one large container.
- Finding your stored items is simple, due to its manageable space.
- There are no long term contracts to sign. After the first week, you can terminate your sunshine coast storage with us at any time without any penalty. Storage is charged weekly and paid monthly.
- Superior Construction – The module is constructed out of wood (from managed forests) while pressure treated wood Furniture is stored in large timber modules which are kept inside our warehouse facilities on the coast to avoid moisture and condensation unlike shipping containers and metal storage facilities.
- Surveillance cameras and security alarms keep our Sunshine Coast premises therefore your property secure. Storage modules are only accessible with a staff member or manager present.
- Only pay for what you use – As the storage modules are 7 and 10 cubic meters, you are only charged the space you choose, rather than paying for a large shed you only use half of.
- Sunshine Coasts' most modern and cost effective storage solution facilities.
- Custom made truck used to transport storage modules.
- Blankets and plastic covers used where required.
- Vermin free and regularly fumigated facility.
- We offer safe, clean and secure storage option here on the coast for your effects whether it is during transit, or for the short or long term. When you store your effects with us, your belongings will be carefully stored in purpose built modules designed to enhance the security and safety of each item.
- We are able to store carpets and rugs in specially designed storage areas to ensure that the original condition of each item is maintained.
- To assist you with transition into your new sunshine coast home or business, our dedicated storage facilities allow easy access hours for you to add or remove items from storage. With reasonable notification, this can be arranged at a time that suits you.
SUNSHINE COAST STORAGE SOLUTIONS AND ALTERNATIVES
Affordable Home & Office Removals Storage Sunshine Coast
In the hot and humid Qld & Sunshine Coasts's climate, proper storage solutions are essential to keeping your furniture and other possessions from deteriorating. Affordable Removals choose to use custom-made timber storage unit modules, designed to allow constant airflow and security. Properly circulating air prevents sweat and moisture from creating mould, rot, or staining. Each module has a capacity of ten cubic metres, and an average house will use 3-4. Using several smaller modules means you only pay for the space you choose, and reduces the need to stack heavy items. We drive your storage pod to your door, where our experienced team will pack it with your furniture or other property. We will provide packing supplies, such as blankets and plastic covers, where appropriate. Once your module is packed, we take it to our secure storage facility, where it is held safely until you need it thanks to our 24 hour security. We can also provide a specialist lounge racking system, for cost-effective and safe lounge storage plus we have an onsite nursery where we can store your plants.
Self storage units
They are usually small beehive type cubicles set inside large storage sheds. This means you will not be able to drive to your unit. You may have to load your furniture on the cargo lift to the third floor and then unload it and walk it to the other side of the building to where your storage unit is situated. Remember time is money. Whether you choose moving it yourself or choose to pay a removalist to do the job it will still cost you. Generally these units are charged by the accessibility. These are also known for humidity and climate control issues. Often it is difficult to judge how much storage you may actually require. What looks like the right size storage unit for your needs, may not be and you may then be required to hire another storage resulting at an unexpected added expense.
The units are metal shipping containers, the largest ones offering up to about 160 square feet of storage space, or they can be subdivided into smaller units. These are then parked behind a secure perimeter, and often arranged so that customers can park beside them while unloading. Some companies can also deliver storage containers (or “mobile storage units”) to the clients’ home or business. These can be left on site, or picked up by the company and transported back to their secure Sunshine Coast facilities. Even though it is one of the cheaper options, exposed containers can suffer from the effects of the weather: hot in summer, cold in winter, with the risk of damp in all seasons. Items to be stored in this space need to be suitable for a range of such conditions.
Costs - Costs vary but for a general guide – Formal storage is normally the cheapest way to go as it is determined by volume. A weekly fee is determined by the amount of space your furniture takes up. Good quality stores will normally charge an entry and exit fee to cover the costs of protective measures. Storage charges are always in advance. At pick up the removalist will normally require payment for the removal, store entry and four weeks in advance. Please get in touch for a more detailed quote on the storage space you require.
Subsequent storage payments then follow on with accounts sent monthly. When your goods ar leaving storage, the amount owing to that date will be assessed. Before your goods are leave storage, the removalist will require payment in advance.
Not being charged entry and exit fees may sound very attractive, but protection costs money, so check what you are going to get. Customers should get full written statements of cost and fees, including re-delivery. This should be obtained before accepting a quotation.
Dangerous Goods - There are certain range of goods that removalists will not carry or are not permitted by law to carry. These include paints, fuels, oils, explosives, gas, cleaning solvents, matches, firelighters, pesticides, aerosol cans, thinners, kerosene, methylated spirits, turpentine, weed killers, swimming pool treatments containing liquid chlorine and the like. These can become a bomb. You must make prior arrangements to transport or dispose of such items. They will not be carried by the removalist. Nor are they permitted in formal stores and most self storage. Lawn mowers, LPG cylinders, fire extinguishers, scuba tanks, gas tanks used in welding, heaters, and lamps must be emptied of fuel for security.
Food - No foodstuffs of any kind are permitted in storage.
Pest Control - Customers should take some pest control measures themselves when preparing for storage, particularly in the areas that removalists pest control procedures cannot reach. Particular areas of concern are any sealed cartons, carpets, rugs or fabric wall hangings that will be rolled up.
Items You May Need in The Short Term - Before storing, think ahead of what you may need in a few months eg, after a season change. Give your removalist advance notice and these things can be left at the front of your load for easy access. We suggest that all personal papers be retained or alternatively, they should be packed together and clearly identified. This makes retrieval easier in the event that they are required.
Insurance - If you intend storing at a friend’s or relative’s place, it is wise to obtain competent advice on where both parties stand regarding insurance should there be a fire, theft, etc. Company insurance clauses could leave either or both parties liable for the financial loss. At Affordable Home and Office Removals, we offer a No Damage Guarantee*
Warehouseman’s License Act - All persons operating a storage business are protected by an Act of Parliament against their stores becoming clogged with goods that owners are no longer paying storage upon. The storage business manager is entitled to sell goods to regain both losses and space. Storage customers should note that any storage business using the Act has to operate in a set time frame and may take certain actions. Some of these, such as compulsory newspaper advertising to sell your goods can be quite expensive and are added to the storage arrears. For his or hers own protection, it is important that the customer understands the position of the storage business.
The customer will have contracted to maintain storage payments in advance. If an account goes in arrears and the customer does not respond to reminders, the storage business manager has no means of knowing if it is a credit problem, the customer is distracted by other events or even if the customer is still alive. To avoid unintended problems, keep your account current and ensure that the storage business manager has a current contact address for you at all times.
Our Sunshine Coast storage Facility
Unique and Custom-Made Storage Modules
If you’re moving overseas, in between homes, there is a gap in settlement dates, decluttering before selling your home, travelling, or simply downsizing, short or long term storage Sunshine Coast might be a good option for you. When properly prepared and stored, furniture can be safely kept in storage for months or even years. We’ll help you live an uncluttered life in your new place by safely and securely storing any items that don’t fit or aren’t immediately needed. Our storage facilities are always available – even if you’re NOT moving – Talk to us about your options.
There are a range of different ways that removalists store furniture. Our way is a unique door to door service where there is no double handling, safe and cost effective. In the hot and humid Qld climate, proper storage solutions are essential to keeping your furniture and other possessions from deteriorating. Affordable Removals uses custom-made timber storage unit modules, designed to allow constant airflow. Properly circulating air prevents sweat and moisture from creating mould, rot, or staining.
Each storage unit module has a space capacity of ten cubic metres, and an average house or business will use 3-4 modules. Using several smaller modules means you only pay for the space you use, and reduces the need to stack heavy items. All lounges are covered and placed in our lounge storage racks to prevent indentations occurring from heavy items being stored against or on top of them.
The process is simple. Our truck will arrive at your residence loaded with empty storage unit modules. Our removalists load the furniture straight into the modules and then transport the modules back to our Sunshine Coast warehouse where a forklift is used to unload the modules from the trucks and stored at our secure, self owned facilities located at 25b Latcham Drive Caloundra West, Qld. We will provide a range of packing materials, such as blankets and plastic covers, where appropriate.
For customers wishing to store plants in our onsite nursery, we will bring a trailer on the day to transport your plants and place them in the shaded nursery.
Once your module is packed, we take it to our secure storage facility, where it is held safely until you need it. We can also provide a specialist lounge racking system, for cost-effective and safe lounge storage solutions.
When you choose Affordable Home & Office Removals, you’ll get a trained team of removalists, who will use the appropriate packing supplies to protect furniture from moisture or dust. We have the range of knowledge, experience, and security to protect delicate, antique or unique furniture and materials from deteriorating in the harsh Qld environment and we can even back it up with our written No Damage Guarantee.
Contact us today for a free quote