Here’s How Our Sunshine Coast Storage Services Work
A Easy 4 Step Process
ADVANTAGES OF STORING YOUR BELONGINGS WITH US ON THE SUNSHINE COAST
- We make storage easy for you. Split your belongings up into logical groupings. Put the garage items in one module, your kitchen contents in another and perhaps all the items that you’ll need access to in the short term in another.
- Lounges are stored covered in either plastic covers or blankets in our lounge racks to prevent indentations from other items being stacked against them.
- We have a shaded nursery in our Sunshine Coast storage facility to store plants. This will save you carting them to your friend’s places.
- Our unique modules provide a more appropriate size at a more affordable price. It is a tested and proven size. This size was chosen because of its proven advantage in helping prevent damage, since it is easier to securely pack belongings in several smaller rooms than one large container.
- Finding your stored items is simple, due to its manageable size.
- There are no long term contracts to sign. After the first week, you can terminate your sunshine coast storage with us at any time without any penalty. Storage is charged weekly and paid monthly.
- Superior Construction – The module is constructed out of wood (from managed forests) with pressure treated wood Furniture is stored in large timber modules which are kept inside our warehouse on the coast to avoid moisture and condensation unlike shipping containers and metal storage facilities. (free from moisture and condensation)
- Surveillance cameras and alarms keep our Sunshine Coast premises therefore your property secure. Storage modules are only accessible with a staff member present.
- Only pay for what you use – As the storage modules are 7 and 10 cubic meters, you are only charged for what space you use, rather than paying for a large shed you only use half of.
- Sunshine Coasts' most modern and cost effective storage solution.
- Custom made truck used to transport storage modules.
- Blankets and plastic covers used where required.
- Vermin free and regularly fumigated facility.
- We offer safe, clean and secure storage option here on the coast for your effects whether it is during transit, or for the short or long term. When you store your effects with us, your belongings will be carefully stored in purpose built modules designed to enhance the security and safety of each item.
- We are able to store carpets and rugs in specially designed storage areas to ensure that the original condition of each item is maintained.
- To assist you with transition into your new sunshine coast home, our dedicated storage facilities allow easy access to your effects for you to add or remove items from storage. With reasonable notification, this can be arranged at a time that suits you.
SUNSHINE COAST STORAGE ALTERNATIVES
- Affordable Removals Storage - In the hot and humid Queensland & Sunshine Coasts's climate, proper storage is essential to keeping your furniture and other possessions from deteriorating. Affordable Removals uses custom-made timber storage modules, designed to allow constant airflow. Properly circulating air prevents sweat and moisture from creating mould, rot, or staining. Each module has a capacity of ten cubic metres, and an average house will use 3-4. Using several smaller modules means you only pay for what you use, and reduces the need to stack heavy items. We drive your storage pod to your door, where our experienced team will pack it with your furniture or other property. We will provide packing materials, such as blankets and plastic covers, where appropriate. Once your module is packed, we take it to our secure storage facility, where it is held safely until you need it. We can also provide a specialist lounge racking system, for cost-effective and safe lounge storage plus we have an onsite nursery where we can store your plants.
- Self storage units - They are usually small beehive type cubicles set inside large warehouses. This means you will not be able to drive to your unit. You may have to load your furniture on the cargo lift to the third floor and then unload it and walk it to the other side of the building to where your unit is situated. Remember time is money. Whether you can waste the time to move it yourself or you pay a removalist to do the job it will still cost you. Generally these units are charged by the accessibility. These are also known for humidity and climate control issues. Often it is difficult to judge how much storage you may actually require. What looks like the right size storage unit for your needs, may not be and you may then be required to hire another storage resulting at an unexpected added expense.
- Container Storage - The units are metal shipping containers, the largest ones offering up to about 160 square feet of storage space, or they can be subdivided into smaller units. These are then parked behind a secure perimeter, and often arranged so that customers can park beside them while unloading. Some companies can also deliver storage containers (or “mobile storage units”) to the clients’ home or business. These can be left on site, or picked up by the company and transported back to their secure Sunshine Coast compound. Even though it is one of the cheaper options, exposed containers can suffer from the effects of the weather: hot in summer, cold in winter, with the risk of damp in all seasons. Items to be stored need to be suitable for such conditions.
- Costs - Costs vary but for a general guidance – Formal storage is normally the cheapest way to go as it is determined by volume. A weekly fee is determined by the amount of space your furniture takes up. Good quality stores will normally charge an entry and exit fee to cover the costs of protective measures. Storage charges are always in advance. At pick up the removalist will normally require payment for the removal, store entry and four weeks in advance.
Subsequent storage payments then follow on with accounts sent monthly. When your goods ar leaving storage, the amount owing to that date will be assessed. Before your goods are leave storage, the removalist will require payment in advance.
Not being charged entry and exit fees may sound very attractive, but protection costs money, so check what you are going to get. Customers should get full written statements of cost and fees, including re-delivery. This should be obtained before accepting a quotation.
- Dangerous Goods - There are certain goods that removalists will not carry or are not permitted by law to carry. These include paints, fuels, oils, explosives, gas, cleaning solvents, matches, firelighters, pesticides, aerosol cans, thinners, kerosene, methylated spirits, turpentine, weed killers, swimming pool treatments containing liquid chlorine and the like. These can become a bomb. You must make prior arrangements to transport or dispose of such items. They will not be carried by the removalist. Nor are they permitted in formal stores and most self storage. Lawn mowers, LPG cylinders, fire extinguishers, scuba tanks, gas tanks used in welding, heaters, and lamps must be emptied of fuel.
- Food - No foodstuffs of any kind are permitted in storage.
- Pest Control - Customers should take some pest control measures themselves when preparing for storage, particularly in the areas that removalists pest control procedures cannot reach. Particular areas of concern are any sealed cartons, carpets, rugs or fabric wall hangings that will be rolled up.
- Items You May Need in The Short Term - Before storing, think ahead of what you may need in a few months eg, after a season change. Give your removalist advance notice and these things can be left at the front of your load for easy access. We suggest that all personal papers be retained or alternatively, they should be packed together and clearly identified. This makes retrieval easier in the event that they are required.
- Insurance - If you intend storing at a friend’s or relative’s place, it is wise to obtain competent advice on how both parties stand regarding insurance should there be a fire, theft, etc. Company insurance clauses could leave either or both parties liable for the financial loss. At Affordable Home and Office Removals, we offer a No Damage Guarantee*
- Warehouseman’s License Act - All persons operating a storage business are protected by an Act of Parliament against their stores becoming clogged with goods that owners are no longer paying storage upon. The storage business is entitled to sell goods to regain both losses and space. Storage customers should note that storage businesses using the Act have to operate in a set time frame and will take certain actions. Some of these, such as compulsory newspaper advertising to sell your goods can be quite expensive and are added to the storage arrears. For his or hers own protection, it is important that the customer understands the position of the storage business. The customer will have contracted to maintain storage payments in advance. If an account goes in arrears and the customer does not respond to reminders, the storage business has no means of knowing if it is a credit problem, the customer is distracted by other events or even if the customer is still alive. To avoid unintended problems, keep your account current and ensure that the storage business has a current address for you at all times.
Our Facility – Unique and Custom-Made Storage Modules
If you’re moving overseas, in between homes, there is a gap in settlement dates, decluttering before selling your home, travelling, or simply downsizing, short or long term storage Sunshine Coast might be a good option for you. When properly prepared and stored, furniture can be safely kept in storage for months or even years. We’ll help you live an uncluttered life in your new place by safely and securely storing any items that don’t fit or aren’t immediately needed. Our storage facilities are always available – even if you’re NOT moving – Talk to us about your options.
There are a number of different ways that removalists store furniture. Our way is a unique door to door service where there is no double handling, safe and cost effective. In the hot and humid Queensland climate, proper storage is essential to keeping your furniture and other possessions from deteriorating. Affordable Removals uses custom-made timber storage modules, designed to allow constant airflow. Properly circulating air prevents sweat and moisture from creating mould, rot, or staining.
Each module has a capacity of ten cubic metres, and an average house will use 3-4 modules. Using several smaller modules means you only pay for what you use, and reduces the need to stack heavy items. All lounges are covered and placed in our lounge storage racks to prevent indentations occurring from heavy items being stored against or on top of them.
The process is simple. Our truck will arrive at your residence loaded with empty storage modules. Our removalists load the furniture straight into the modules and then transport the modules back to our warehouse where a forklift is used to unload the modules from the trucks and stored at our secure, self owned facility located at 25b Latcham Drive Caloundra West. We will provide packing materials, such as blankets and plastic covers, where appropriate.
For customers wishing to store plants in our onsite nursery, we will bring a trailer on the day to transport your plants and place them in the shaded nursery.
Once your module is packed, we take it to our secure storage facility, where it is held safely until you need it. We can also provide a specialist lounge racking system, for cost-effective and safe lounge storage.
When you hire Affordable Removals, you’ll get a trained team of removalists, who will use the appropriate packing materials to protect furniture from moisture or dust. We have the experience and knowledge to protect delicate, antique or unique furniture and materials from deteriorating in the harsh Queensland environment and we can even back it up with our written No Damage Guarantee.