We Make Your Office Move Easy & Stress Free
Removals for Coolum Beach
Our award winning top quality service for both residential and business moves coupled with the fact that we have been in the QLD removal industry for over 13 years means that you can trust us to deliver your possessions safely and on time. We understand that office moves shouldn’t be treated as just another home removal when in fact they have a far different agenda. We set up an organised service that involves teams of removalists working together. The less time it takes to move, the more quickly your organisation can get operating again.
The biggest mistake people make when moving locally is assume that because they are moving a short distance, detail is not important. Whether you’re moving your business from the Sunshine Coast to Toowoomba or from Caloundra to Pelican Waters, the way we pack your precious possessions and the way we load the truck is exactly the same.
We understand that removals are not a one size fits all and each removal has it’s own variables, some requiring more attention than others. Affordable Home and Office Removals will customise your removal to your needs and budgets – We offer both hourly rate, fixed rates and free onsite quotations.
- Our services include but are not limited to large corporate relocations, small office moves, pick-up and delivery of customised furniture and fittings for companies such as kitchen and bathroom manufacturers/suppliers, relocations of retail outlets and gyms.
- We offer a customised office relocation service providing professional advice and expertise, specialised equipment and careful handling of office furniture, fittings, safes and computer equipment.
- When moving office, an organized system will ensure moves are completed with minimal disruption to all staff, management and business. At Affordable Removals we offer a complete service, whether you have a staff of three or three hundred. We provide efficient and experienced removalists, door-to-door removals, packing services, transportation of computers/printers/photocopiers and disassembly and reassembly of desks.
- Our standard removal service includes 2 men and a fully equipped truck. Should you need more men and trucks, then we can certainly arrange that too and we will be there for as long as you need us to – we’re flexible enough to work around YOU. That means we’ll happily put together office furniture, hang pictures or do anything else you need on the day. It’s all part of our commitment to getting your business running smoothly again.
- We have a team who cares. You can expect our team members to be friendly, courteous, dedicated and approachable. Everyone we employ is committed to making our business a success.
- If you have any special requests or queries before the big day, our admin staff are only a phone call away so you can feel confident to ask us anything you need to get peace of mind.
- We let you help so you can save even more money
- We offer a carton loan service – All the boxes that you will require for your move with an out of pocket expense of only $25*
- We can provide you with a written No Damage Guarantee*
- We move offices in, out of and within the Sunshine Coast – We cover all of SE QLD and on request, we can also move you to and from as far north as Cairns and as far South as Sydney
CHOOSING A REMOVALIST
- The removal industry is not regulated. This means that there is nothing to compel any removalist to supply even an enclosed van, wrap your furniture, take pest control precautions in stores, or be accountable for stored goods. So it's important to choose a removalist that is reputable, well established and reliable to ensure your move is a smooth one. We move your precious personal or business belongings without fuss, with absolute professionalism, and with a no damage guarantee for peace of mind.
- You are strongly advised to carefully check what the price tendered by any removalist is going to buy you. On the day of your removal it may be too late to discover that what you are actually getting is not what you expected, and now you have no alternative but to go ahead.
- Furniture trucks come in many sizes and even a small one can look very large to unfamiliar eyes. We work on a cubic metre capacity and it is critical that the estimated volume is correct so that the right truck is sent to the job and that no goods are left behind. We charge the same rate for all vehicles in our fleet. Some customers ask for a small truck not realising that it is easier to half fill a large truck than it is to fill a smaller one.
- A working furniture truck should be fully enclosed and equipped. Normal equipment consists of the following – blankets for wrapping furniture, hessian for wrapping hardware, etc, specialised trolleys ie fridge, wardrobe and piano, removal carrying straps, loading ramps. The Affordable Removals fleet has ALL these requirements.
- You must feel comfortable with your choice of removalist. Word of mouth referral from someone you trust will be the if their job was similar to you own. As a general guide, removalists who are established, particularly in low population areas, have to be doing the job right to have survived.
- Check the background of the removal firm. Make sure that you hire someone who is responsible and professional enough. There are cases that a man and a truck was hired but he did not show up on the day of the move
- Pick removalists that you feel might be suitable, ring them and ask for a written quote plus a description of the service and equipment. Request a written quote itemising – removal cost, full pre packing, fragile pre packing, insurance options, any storage requirements and any other option you may require. Affordable Removals will provide this service at no cost to yourself.
- Most initial enquiries are by telephone so preparation is important. A visit to a removalist has many advantages as you can assess the working conditions. If your requirement is for storage, then a visit is almost essential due to the wide range of standards within the industry.
- Make sure that you have a firm idea of what your requirements are plus any options you are interested in. Give yourself time – half an hour now, may save you dollars and much anxiety later. Unless you know the removalist, it is not a bad idea to first assess how interested the removalist is in your requirements. By the questions that he asks, you may then satisfy any points not covered with your own questions.
OBTAINING A QUOTE
- Some Do Nots - There is no such thing as an "average removal'. You are probably going to be distracted by a wide range of varied prices. Minimise this, by having a firm idea of what you want and that the price given covers this. This will make you decision a whole lot easier. Do not leave your enquiring too late. The more time you give yourself the more chance of obtaining the service you want with no hassles on moving day.
- Your Requirements - It is essential that you, the client, retain control of your removal. To do this you must make some preparation before you make your enquiries. When you telephone, you may be bewildered at various choices that you cannot absorb quickly, or be equally bewildered by the virtual lack of information because the removalist expects you to state what you want. Spend a little time jotting down what you want, and what you may like as price options. If you have this when you phone or visit or when the assessor comes to visit you, then you will ensure that all points are covered.
- What The Removalist Will Want - To give you an estimate, any responsible removalist must know the nature and quantity of goods to be moved, whether packing cartons are to be supplied, all your insurance requirements, whether the packing of cartons is requirements, the access of both pick up delivery addresses and when you want the move and from where to where. If the removalist expresses little or no interest in these areas, it is probably not worth pursuing the inquiry.
- If the removalist is interested in giving you a fixed price to cover the service that you want, then they will want to come and view your possessions to give you an estimation. This has it's advantages as a written quote can be received and more advise can be obtained.
- If a sighted quote is not possible, then you will have to make a list of all goods that you want removing. This is a lot of work, but it is very difficult to remember everything that you have over the telephone. Bear in mind also that he removalist will be just as interested in the small items as well as the large ones. It takes just as long to walk all of these to and from the truck. If you do not disclose everything that you want moved, the removalist cannot assess the volume, hence there is the risk that too small a truck will turn up and the goods will be left behind, or there may be a pointed debate about changing the quoted price.
- From the information that you have, check that the prices you have and the supporting information, match your requirements. Did the removalist try to relate to your requirements or have you just a vague, average idea? On the day of your removal, when you are committed, have you allowed your removalist to then decide your removal is not "average" and place a different interpretation on costs and/or required truck size. half the size, twice as big, etc and this will help your estimation considerably.
NOTE: A common problem is customers describing carton size. Removalists work on carton size about that of a tea chest. Simply tell the removalists how many you will have that size.
TRUCK RENTAL VS HIRING A REMOVALIST
- Renting a truck and doing it yourself is an alternative to using a removalist, particularly if you have the time available and wish to potter along at your own rate. However, potential users should be aware of a number of factors.
- Truck rental outlets tend to hire tracks by the weight whereas removalists work by cubic capacity. As mentioned before, trucksncome in various sizes. You will find rental truck bodies are always a lot smaller than removalist trucks, which means that you may have to hire a truck a lot larger than you really need. WHAT TRUCK DO YOU REALLY NEED TO FIT ALL YOUR FURNITURE IN?
- Rental trucks are normally rented by the day with a set amount of free mileage included. However, you will need to obtain a full appraisal of costs, which are – rental charges, distance allowance, basic insurance, overhead damage insurance for trucks, excess distance costs, going over time costs, toll costs, hire of equipment costs.
- You have to pick up the vehicle and return it by a certain time. When you add this together including the cost of bribes to friends and family to help with your removals, you will then have a reasonable comparison base.
- Rental trucks usually come with no or very little protective blankets or even a trolley.
- You will have to load the truck yourself and find friends and family willing enough to help. Being able to carry furniture is one thing. But being able to load it safe for transportation is another.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
- It is most important that you obtain positive confirmation of booking from the removalist of your requirements, dates and times. You have a lot to think about when it comes to moving so it is easy to forget that you have not actually confirmed that you want to use a particular removalist, especially if you have mentioned dates and have made enquiries with a number of different removalists.
- Also if you have discussed different options, confirm the particular ones you want, eg Pre packing. Do not leave it to the night before – once you have decided, make sure you have confirmation of booking for your requirements.
Learn More About Our No Damage Guarantee
Beware of the easy term “Transit Insurance”. This will cover goods only en-route and only for consequences of fire, collision, overturning and flood – not scratches, rubs, leaking trucks, etc. We offer a “No Damage Guarantee”* which covers our customers for items that we pack including furniture. It will cover you for any damages to your household contents as well as any damages to your home such as scratches on walls, floors, etc. This is an excellent product as it covers you all the way through from loading to transit to unloading. It will also cover any items that you have stored with us up to 6 months.
The insurance area of removals and storage can be misunderstood, often misinterpreted, and as it can be complicated, too many people find it easier to assume. There is no such thing as “free insurance” for removals or anything else. Someone has to pay the premiums at some stage. Furthermore, it is impossible to obtain insurance without agreement on the risks to be covered and a declaration of the value of the goods covered.
People know that insuring their house does not automatically cover the contents, and that the contents premium varies on the contents value and that there is usually a sting of exclusions. Some people expect their goods to be loaded into a van, be covered for everything, with no exclusions, at no cost and no declaration of value. The removalist’s vehicle’s insurance, compulsory third party, business public liability – none of these cover goods in transit. Goods in transit have to be covered under a quite different kind of insurance.
Customers can become confused because some removalists have a blanket insurance cover that they offer for “free” and then the costs are recouped from the removal. It is essential that any customer, who believes that their goods are insured, or has been lead to believe so, apply the following simple control. If you do not have the following – A written confirmation of insurance, a statement of risks, a statement of value cover, then you are not insured in a form that would stand a legal test.
We are justifiably proud of the service we provide, our focus is always on the provision of a high quality service and the minimisation of risk during the relocation process. That said it pays to be aware of the fact that your goods are exposed to a number of risks of which many are outside our control whilst your goods are in transit and/or storage. Just as you need to protect your valuable possessions and property in your home, we have an obligation to recommend that you consider protecting the same valuable personal possessions and property whilst in transit/and or storage.